We have a wonderful array of articles and links on all fiber related topics.
Link or scroll down for our current collection.
ALSO be sure to check our ANIMALS page for articles specific to fiber animals.
- instructions on basic kniting: Video files for continental style knit, purl and cast on
- instructions on basic knitting: Yarn council site
- instructions on basic knitting: Vogue knitting site
- knitting I-cord
- cables, eyelets, bobbles:Vogue knitting site
- determining gauge
- How to buy enough yarn: WPI method
- Exploring the tubular cast-on: K2P2 ribs
- Choosing wool yarn for socks (coming soon)
A wonderful resource for learning to spin is at icanspin.com. Find links to videos showing how to spin here:
- Pre-Drafting Fiber - Two Videos
- Starting A Leader - One Video
- Park and Draft Spinning - One Video
- Checking A Yarn's Twist - One Video
- Winding On Under Tension - One Video
- Determining WPI - photo
Knitting Machines: What you should know before you buy
~A FOUR part series:
- Part I: Choosing the right brand or model
- Part II: How knitting machines work
- Part III: What knitting machines can do
- Part IV: Accessories
- Part 1-4 of the knitting machine series in PDF format
- Needlefelting (dry felting) is all the rage! Photos and pattern link for felted ladybug
- instructions on making your own felt
- felted Christmas ornaments
Submit YOUR article to woolfestival.com and help us make this valuable resource grow!
YES! Submit Now!